HHN Quarterly Researcher Fellowship 2019
This program aims to support spreading the understanding of network campaigns, network organizing and the work of network management all while serving the efforts of other fellows and Halt the Harm Network project of Netcentric Campaigns. The fellowship offers hands-on work, talent development, and structured immersion in advancing our communications work.
This Fellowship opportunity provides $1,000 for Halt the Harm Network Quarterly Researcher and includes both talent development related to building networks. The location is flexible (virtual) work should take roughly 20 hours and at most includes has 3 or 4 online meetings to discuss the Fellowship.
We are seeking people for whom this work complements and is synergistic along with their other volunteer or paid work tied to career development, grassroots organizing and progressive issues.
The Quarter Report Researcher drafts the Quarter Report documents for the Halt the Harm Network.
- Completing a checklist including the online orientation video and document review that explains HHN and the branding and tone guide for the project.
- Follow a step by step checklist to pull together a draft of the quarterly report.
- Attending two online working sessions with our team to advance the work on the quarterly report.
- Taking detailed notes at those online working sessions and following up on the work outlined.
- Assembling all the quarter data and reports collected from team and others into a Google Drive Folder and Google Document.
- Reviewing the data in the folder and pulling together a list of highlights, images, quotes, and stories of note.
- Conduct 1-4 background conversations or brief online research (google) of people, policy, or stories highlighted in the quarter to provide additional contexts needed to draft a report.
- Draft a quarterly report based on the template provided.
- Provide feedback on the final report after the rest of the team edits, proofs, and reviews the draft. The final version is sent out for additional edit and copyedit.
- Project management, time tracking, and reporting, and coordination communication as needed to complete the work outlined.
- Recommend improvements to the process.
Desired Experience and Attributes:
- At least three years of work or volunteer efforts fighting the harms of fracking and gas development in a grassroots, nonprofit, or agency setting.
- Superb communication, teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Proven professionalism with interviewing skills including preparation, thoughtful questions and accurate reporting.
- Experience posting multimedia content to tools such as WordPress, Drupal, and social media content management services.
- Passion for progressive change.