Netcentric Campaigns Communications Fellow
Senior Communications Fellowship
This mid-career and the seasoned professional program aims to support spreading the understanding of network campaigns, network organizing and the work of network management all while serving the efforts of other fellows and projects of Netcentric Campaigns. The fellowship offers hands-on work, talent development, and structured immersion in advancing our communications work.
This Netcentric Campaigns Fellow is assigned exclusively to work on communications efforts while supporting Netcentric Campaigns with the following focus:
- Review and improvement of content.
- Contributing to the thought leadership of the Netcentric Campaigns
- Reaching out to leaders and organizations to understand their stories and efforts
- Support creation of content in all mediums (written, audio and video).
- Project management and coordination communication as needed to complete the work outlined.
Desired Experience and Attributes
- At least three years of experience in journalism or communications in a nonprofit or agency setting.
- Superb communication, teamwork and negotiation skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills, especially for digital formats such as blogs, email blasts, and social media.
- High level of familiarity and experience with AP Style.
- Proven professionalism with interviewing skills including preparation, thoughtful questions, and accurate reporting.
- Experience posting multimedia content on WordPress and social media content management services.
- Passion for progressive change.
- College degree.